It is with great sadness that we announce the passing of Frank Powell on 20th March at 6-30pm, he was a national,and international judge and treasurer of our association for many years and will be greatly missed by all in tug of war.
Messages from clubs:
1. On behalf of the Country Club and myself, I would like to pass on our most sincere regrets. Marcus Hunter
2. This is a very sad day for Tug of War. Frank was one of the true gentlemen of the sport and we at the Richhill club are proud to have had Frank as a friend and we will miss him greatly. Sam Rountree
3. It is indeed a very sad time for the sport of Tug of war. Frank will be remembered as a great ambassador for our sport who through his modesty, decency and friendship inspired us all to become the closeknit Tug of War family that we are today. On behalf of the Doherty family and the Finvoy club I would like to pass on our deepest sympathies.
4. On behalf of the Scottish Tug of War Association we would all like to pass on our sincere condolences on the death of Frank Powell.He will be missed by all. Gary Gillespie
5. Frank was a Honorary Lifetime Member of USATOWA. He and Men of Northern Ireland helped shape USATOWA over 30 years ago. We are all very proud to have called Frank our friend. Shelby Richardson
6. On behalf of Bancran Tug of War Club, we would like to pass on our most sincere condolences on the death of our treasured friend Frank, he will be sadly missed by the whole tug of war family. May he rest in Peace.